We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our Compliance team at our Helsinki headquarters by building models using insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at analyzing large data sets in support of creating new processes and models. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and an interesting in building new tools with practical real-world use.
This position is based in Helsinki, Finland.
- Work with the compliance team to implement statistical models and tools with the goal of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Develop & apply predictive modeling to AML processes.
- Work on creating unified metrics platform for compliance & investigations
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop tools to monitor the effectiveness and accuracy of processes and data gathering techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate large data sets and draw insights.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- A curious nature with a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 2-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Coding knowledge and experience with at least some of the following: Python, SQL, R, JS.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using frameworks such as d3s, ggplot, tableau
- Work with revolutionary technology in a revolutionary company. Our aim is to bring bitcoin everywhere.
- Competitive salary with paid vacations and no open office
- Truly International team with smart, motivated & easy-going colleagues
- Fruits, snacks and refreshments in the office
- Tools you need to get the job done
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Should you have questions regarding the role or the recruitment process, please contact Max Edin, at max(at)localbitcoins.com.